Monday, December 8, 2008

Party Foul

So Poppy was giving you a bath, and he hollered down that he needed me. I assumed the bath was over, so I toodled around and grabbed some diapers, your nu-nu, some PJ's. He hollered again, and I told him I was just getting stuff together. As I came up the stairs he asked what was taking so long, and I told him I was getting the bedtime neccesities, wasn't he calling for help getting you guys to bed?

And then I heard you grunting.

Sure enough, you'd laid a log the size of your leg in the tub. I sit down to start clearing out the toys. Poppy starts the water draining. Your sister sets in with a running commentary. It's all very exciting. That's about the time you realize the poop might touch you, and you set in screaming. I rescued you by moving you upstream. By the time the water runs out, you're staring bug-eyed and your sister is hanging over the edge of the tub to gawk at the baby ruth. You guys are watching it like it's going to hop up and dance, or lunge and bite, or turn into an oracle. I've never seen anyone so fascinated by poop.

And then Poppy grabbed it with some toilet paper and it was gone.

Not much of a story, really, but it will have to do, because I didn't have the camera.

Love,
Mom

No comments: